Door Measuring Instructions
These guidelines are to help you measure for a new interior door and make an accurate measurement.
There are 2 ways of measuring the required sizes.
- Presuming the doorway has NO door installed.
- An existing door is installed in the door frame.
1. Measuring a door frame with NO existing door installed.
- Measure inside the door frame opening inside ( where door should sit ) on both the height and width.
- Measure internally in at least three different places and deduct 1/5 in from both the Largest size around the new opening. By doing this , you will be able to scribe and trim the door to suit the opening.
- Measure the Height in 2 different places and deduct 2/5 in for spacing for existing carpet or tiles.
- Measure your Internal Door frame ( Where Door should sit , you will find on most frames is rebated back 1/2 in ).
- Measure in at least three different places and we recommend deducting 2/5 in from both the final height - we do not make any fitting allowances on the sizes you provide.
2. Measuring an existing door
Measure the door on both the height and width.
The existing door should have been installed with all the margins taken into account for opening ( No deductions will be needed ).
- Measure your Internal Door.
- Measure in at least three different places in width and Height - we do not make any fitting allowances on the sizes you provide.
Once you have these measurements, you can email us with the measurements.
Height of Opening : 80 in
Width of opening : 32 in
Door Thickness : 1.5 in